By Monica Harvey for RTBR
Can you believe Race Day is almost here? We cannot wait to rock it on Saturday!
Are you ready to run or walk with us? This week we wanted to talk about the race experience, what you can expect and share a few pre race tips.
Registration and Packet Pick Up
- Participants can pick up their packets on Friday April 20 from 3:30 to 6 p.m. at the CGHS Student Activity Center. Please enter through the doors directly across from football stadium bleachers where you see packet pickup/registration sign (Door 7).
- Parking is available in the lot directly south of the Student Activity Center.
- Participants can also pick up their packets on race day from 6:30 to 8:30 a.m. at the CGHS Student Activity Center. Please enter through the doors directly across from football stadium bleachers where you see packet pickup/registration sign.
- Parking is available in the student lots north and east of the football stadium.
- Participants can register on race day for $35 (no T-shirt).
- Our volunteers will be on hand to assist you with your packets and any questions you may have.
- Lace up your kiddos' shoes and meet us inside the Student Activity Center on the basketball courts to sign up for kids run!
- Please stop by the table to register your child for the Kids Run. Caregivers will sign a release and receive a bib number for their children.
- Children ages 11 and under will be divided into heats and will be racing around the track. Ages brackets will be determined the date of the race depending on number of participants.
- Join in the fun and cheer on the kids as they are giving it their all during the fun run. They are so fun to watch and will love that you are supporting them throughout their race.
- All of our littlest runners will receive participation awards.
- We are so excited to host the Main Street Experience indoors this year!
- Visit family-friendly vendors including Coffeehouse Five, Storm Chiropractic, Johnson County Public Library, Johnson County Trails and several others before and after the 5K/10K. Johnson's BBQ, Scoops & Treasures will also be here.
- Stop by the selfie station for photos with your friends and family. Don’t forget to tag us on your social media and use the hashtag #RTBR18.
- KORN Country’s, Joanna Ryan, will be emceeing for us again this year.
Tips and Other Info
- Get a good nights sleep.
- If you need to eat prior to the race, try a protein bar or trail mix.
- Be sure to grab your watch, running gear, cell phone and headphones, bib number, a water and anything else you'll need for the race.
- Get to the race a little early so that you can stretch, warm up and prepare for the race. Follow the signs for easy access and parking.
- Please enjoy all snacks, treats and food outside of the Student Activity Center.
- Have a great race and have fun!
Be sure to follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for race updates and photos throughout the day. Find all of this information and more at www.rocktheblockrun.org.